They taste sinfully delicious when frosted with my Skinny Cream Cheese Frosting. One of these dreamy cakes has 220 calories, 5g fat and 10 Weight Watchers SmartPoints. Without frosting, 6 SmartPoints.
Just one of Sprinkles Red Velvet cupcakes has 497 calories and almost 27 grams of fat!
Prep Time: 15 minutes (including the frosting)
Bake time: 25-35 minutes
Ingredients for Cake:
- 1 box Duncan Hines Devils Food Cake Mix
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (3.4 oz) package of instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup warm water
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 ounce bottle of red food coloring
- 2 eggs, I love Egg-Land’s Best eggs
- 2 egg whites
Ingredients for Skinny Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 4 ounces (½ of an 8 ounce package of reduced-fat cream cheese), see shopping tip
- 1½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat milk
- Valentine candy for decorations, if desired
PLEASE, CLICK THE NEXT Button BELOW FOR THE FULL RECIPE.