These tacos are THE answer to busy weeknights, game nights, or gatherings. With incredibly easy dump-and-go preparation, you can have these whipped up and ready to eat in 30 minutes or less!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 10 tacos
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound cooked chicken shredded (rotisserie chicken or Tyson pre-cooked shredded chicken are good shortcuts)
- 1 ounce pkg of taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 can diced tomato 14.5 ounce, FULLY DRAINED
- 1 can chopped green chiles 4.5 ounce, FULLY DRAINED
- 10 stand and stuff taco shells
- 8 ounces refried beans (1/2 can)
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese shredded
- Toppings such as jalapenos, sour cream, salsa, chopped cilantro, shredded lettuce, or any of your favorite taco garnishments!
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a medium skillet.
- Add chopped onion to skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the onion is translucent and fragrant.
- Stir in the chicken, taco seasoning, tomatoes (FULLY DRAINED), and green chiles (FULLY DRAINED) *see note. Stir to combine fully. Stir and cook for about 5 minutes more.
- Place the taco shells in the baking dish, standing up. I was able to fit 10 taco shells in the dish by adding 2 on each side.
- Bake the taco shells for 5 minutes by themselves to allow them to crisp up. Remove from the oven.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of beans into the bottom of each taco shell. Top with the chicken mixture, almost to the top of each shell.
- Sprinkle each shell generously with shredded cheese, the more the better!
- Bake for 7-10 minutes or until cheese is fully melted and the edges of the shells are browned.
- Remove from the oven and top with your favorite items such as jalapenos, sour cream, cilantro, and salsa.
Be The First
And We’ll Give You The Next Meal FREE