Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 4 (4 to 6 ounce) filets salmon
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, about 1 inch of bottom ends trimmed off
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Lay 4 large sheets of foil on a flat surface and spray with nonstick spray. Divide the asparagus between each of the packets and lay in a single layer side by side. Season with half the salt and pepper.
- Place a salmon filet on top of each bed of asparagus. Drizzle with olive oil, lemon juice, thyme, and the remaining salt and pepper. Carefully fold up each side of the foil sheets to create a packet around the salmon and place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and carefully open each packet, be cautious of the steam released once opened! Sprinkle lemon zest and parsley on top. Serve and enjoy!
- Option: Try this recipe on the grill instead of in the oven for extra flavor!
Yields: 4 servings | Calories: 386 | Total Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 78mg | Sodium: 558mg | Carbohydrates: 7g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Protein: 32g
SmartPoints (Freestyle): 2
Source : SkinnyMs.