We hear casserole we hear cheese! If you are a casserole lover, you will definitely like this! This broccoli, rice and cheese casserole is so delicious. The broccoli and rice goes together very well. It’s easy to make and ridiculously delicious.
Broccoli, Rice and Cheese Casserole
- Olive spray oil
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 cup short grain brown rice
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 cup small broccoli florets
- 1 (15-ounce) can (not condensed) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Using spray oil lightly coat a 7-inch-11-inch baking dish.
- In a medium saucepan, heat 1 1/2 teaspoons of oil over medium-high heat. Add in rice for about 1 to 2 minutes until translucent and toasted. Pour 1 1/2 cups of water and add 1/4 teaspoon of salt and bring to a boil.
- Once boiled, lower heat to medium-low and simmer until the rice absorbes the water and becomes tender, it will take about 35 minutes.
- Cover the saucepan and let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and sit aside.
- Heat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining oil over medium heat. Cook the onion for about 5 minutes until softened. Add in the boccoli and cook for an additional 4 minutes.
- Once the broccoli cooked, add in the rice, 1/2 cup of the cheese, salt and pepper and stir the soup.
- Place the mixture to the baking dish and add the cheese on top.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until golden brown.
260 calories (100 from fat)
11g total fat
5g saturated fat
3 g dietary fiber
Simple and delicious! This casserole is perfect for a family gathering. The rice, broccoli and cheese combination tastes like heaven. And most of all it’s easy to make! Give it a try, it will put a smile on the face of anyone who gets a taste of it.