Here’s a side dish for your next cookout. The crisp broccoli mixed with savory bacon and cheese and complimented by raisins and a sweet dressing makes this a well-rounded option to eat all by yourself or share with a group of your favorite people. It’s a cinch to make and you can make it a bit ahead of time or right before you head out the door.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 0-4 minutes
- 1 lb broccoli florets, cut bite-size
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced or cut in strips
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds (no shells)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Chop broccoli into bite-size pieces. Chop onion and cook & crumble bacon.
- In a pot of boiling water, drop broccoli and cook for about 1 minute. Remove immediately and rinse with cold water (if you’re in a huge hurry, this step can be optional). Place in a large bowl.
- Add onion, cheese, bacon, raisins, and sunflower seeds to broccoli.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayo, vinegar and sugar. Pour over salad right before serving or allow the salad to “soften” with the dressing on for about 4 hours. You decide.
Be The First
And We’ll Give You The Next Meal FREE