ADVERTISEMENT ‧ CONTINUE READING BELOW
- 1 cup long-grain brown rice
- 1 1/2 cup blanched almonds
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 wide strips orange peel, white pith removed
- 1 cup turbinado sugar
- Ice cubes for serving
- Transfer rice mixture (including cinnamon stick and orange peel) to a blender, add sugar and blend until mixture is as smooth as possible (it will still feel slightly gritty when you rub a drop between your fingers).
- Strain mixture through a fine-mesh strainer, pressing on solids until only moist pulp remains; discard solids.
- Combine strained mixture and 2 cups cold water in a pitcher and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
220 calories (20 from fat)
2g total fat
1 g dietary fiber
SmartPoints value : 12