ADVERTISEMENT ‧ CONTINUE READING BELOW
- 12 cups popcorn (2/3 cup kernels makes about 12 cups popcorn)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees.
- Add popped corn to a large mixing bowl.
- In a medium saucepan, combine coconut oil, coconut sugar, maple syrup, and salt. Stir over medium-low heat until coconut sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and vanilla. Pour over cooked popcorn and toss to coat.
- Spread coated popcorn on a parchment lined large baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour, stiring every 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before serving.
- OPTIONAL: Add 1 cup mixed nuts to popcorn before adding warm maple syrup mixture.
Yields: 12 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 218 | Total Fat: 11 g | Saturated Fat: 8 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 | Sodium: 151 mg | Carbohydrates: 30 g | Fiber: 1 g | Sugar: 25 g | Protein: 1 g
SmartPoints (Freestyle): 12