- 2 tablespoons expeller-pressed canola oil, plus more for oiling the grill
- 1/2 large sweet white onion (such as Vidalia), cut into thick rings
- 6 pineapple spears
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- 1 1/2 cup tomatillo salsa
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Ground black pepper, to taste
Prepare a grill for medium-high heat cooking, oiling grill grates as needed. Brush onions and pineapple with 1 tablespoon of oil and season with 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper. Grill, flipping once, until just charred in spots and softened, 6 to 8 minutes total; transfer to a plate. When cool enough to handle, roughly chop onions and pineapple and transfer to a bowl. Add salsa, cilantro, lime juice, 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper and toss gently to combine.
Brush chicken all over with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and season with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Grill, flipping once, until deep golden brown all over and cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes total.
Transfer chicken to a platter; spoon grilled pineapple salsa over the top and serve immediately.
270 calories (90 from fat)
10g total fat
1.5g saturated fat
4 g dietary fiber
SmartPoints value : 7