ADVERTISEMENT ‧ CONTINUE READING BELOW
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1(14 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium red onion, chopped small
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, chopped small
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 3 cups brown rice, cooked
- 1 teaspoon no sugar added tomato paste
- 1 small roma tomato, chopped small
- 1/2 cup fat-free feta cheese crumbles
- 1 lemon, cut into 4 wedges
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil on medium heat. Once hot, add the chickpeas, onion and garlic. Cook, stirring often until onion is soft.
- Stir in the roasted red pepper, oregano, rice, and tomato paste. Heat until hot, stirring frequently. Spoon into serving dishes and top with roma tomato and feta. Squeeze the juice from the lemon wedges on top and serve.
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 269 | Total Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 286mg | Carbohydrates: 42g | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 5g | Protein: 9g
SmartPoints (Freestyle): 9
Source : SkinnyMs.