ADVERTISEMENT ‧ CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups diced onion (about 1 large)
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/4 pounds ground turkey breast
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ancho chile powder
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (15-ounce) cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 chipotle chiles, canned in adobo sauce, minced
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- Chopped green onions (optional)
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add onion, bell pepper, garlic, and turkey to pan; sauté 8 minutes or until turkey is browned and vegetables are tender.
- Add sugar and next 9 ingredients (through chipotle) to pan, stirring to blend; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Add chocolate, stirring to melt.
- Ladle 1 1/4 cups chili in each of 8 bowls; top each serving with 1 tablespoon sour cream.
- Garnish with green onions.
Amount per serving:
Yield: 8 servings
- Calories 257
- Fat 6.6 g
- Satfat 3.8 g
- Protein 23.6 g
- Carbohydrate 26 g
- Fiber 6 g
- Cholesterol 34 mg
- Sodium 603 mg
- Calcium 78 mg
Smart points: 7