- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 tablespoons softened unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana (about 3 medium)
- 1/2 cup egg whites (or 2 large)
- 1/3 cup light sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 packets Skinny Cow™ Milk Chocolate Dreamy Clusters Candy, chopped
1. Place rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, soda and salt.
2. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the sugars, butter and applesauce. Mix in the banana, egg whites, sour cream and vanilla. Blend in the dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Stir in the chopped candy, reserving a few pieces to sprinkle on top.
3. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the reserved chocolate pieces on top.
4. Bake for 1 hour (checking at 45 minutes on how much the top has browned… place a piece of foil loosely on top of the loaf if it has already browned nicely on top). At one hour, draw a toothpick or a sharp knife into the center of the loaf to check for doneness. It should come out fairly clean- if not, bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes until done.
5. Cool in the pan for 10 to 15 minutes, then turn out on a wire rack to cool completely before cutting and serving.
Nutritional Information per serving:
(Using the Spark People Recipe Calculator)
- Serving size: 1/16th of the loaf
- Calories per serving: 113
- Fat per serving: 3.8g
- Saturated Fat per serving: 2.4g
- Sugar per serving: 16.5g
- Sodium per serving: 180.9g
- Fiber per serving: 1.5g
- Protein per serving: 1.4g
- Cholesterol per serving: 7.1mg
- Carbohydrates per serving: 22g
Points Plus: 3
Smart Points: 6