Light, airy and chewy with chocolate chips in every bite. These cookies are a must for Santa, we’ve been making them for years and everyone loves them. Made with egg whites, sugar and chocolate, they are very light, gluten free and just melt in your mouth.
- 1/2 cup egg whites (room temperature)
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 300°F. Cover cookie sheet with silpat or nonstick silicone pad.
- Using a mixer, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar together in large bowl at high speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar a little at a time, then vanilla, beating well after each addition until you get stiff peaks, the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is glossy.
- Sift cocoa onto egg white mixture; gently fold until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips. Drop mixture by heaping tablespoons onto cookie sheet. Makes 30 to 32 cookies.
- Bake 34 to 40 minutes or just until dry. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet. Cool completely on wire rack. Store covered, at room temperature.
Yield: 30 servings, Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 2
- Points +: 2
- Calories: 54 calories
- Total Fat: 2.5g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 9.5mg
- Carbohydrates: 8.5g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 7g
- Protein: 0.5g
Recipe credit: www.skinnytaste.com