Cilantro Lime Flank Steak Tacos – The jalapeno crema sauce in this recipe is reason enough to make these tacos. Its subtly spicy flavor is amazing. We drizzled it on our tacos, dipped our sweet potatoes, and even dipped some raw vegetables in it! For the best results, try to allow plenty of time for the steak to marinade. Also, remember to slice your cooked steak very thin! You’re gonna love these.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
What you need for Cilantro Lime Flank Steak Tacos
Cilantro Lime Marinade Ingredients:
- 1 1/2-2 lbs flank steak
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 4-6 limes depending on size)
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves (about 1/2 bunch)
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus additional for cooking
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Jalapeno Crema Ingredients:
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeds removed and chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- salt + pepper for seasoning
Crispy Roasted Sweet Potatoes Ingredients:
- 2 medium size sweet potatoes, diced small
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Cilantro Lime Flank Steak Tacos Ingredients:
- Cilantro Lime Flank Steak
- Crispy Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Jalapeño Crema
- 1 cup baby spinach or kale
- 8 to 12 taco size tortillas, corn or flour
- Optional: Additional lime wedges or cilantro for garnish
How to prepare: Cilantro Lime Flank Steak Tacos
Cilantro Lime Marinade Directions:
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Pulse 3 to 4 times, then blend for 30 to 60 seconds until garlic and cilantro are finely chopped.
- Remove the flank steak from the packaging and pat dry.
- In an air tight container, like a ziplock bag or Tupperware container, cover the flank steak with the marinade. Let sit refrigerated for at least 8 hours or up to 2 days.
Jalapeno Crema Directions:
- Heat the olive oil in a small sauté pan over high heat. Cook the jalapeños and garlic for 2 minutes. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper (about 1/8 teaspoon of each.)
- Combine the jalapeños, garlic and sour cream in a food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
- Jalapeño crema will stay fresh for up to 4 days in an air tight container.
Crispy Roasted Sweet Potatoes Directions:
- Preheat oven to 425°F. If leaving skins on, wash potatoes thoroughly or peel the skins. Cut sweet potatoes into a small dice, about 1/4″ to 1/2″ pieces. You’ll want them on the smaller side so the sweet potato pieces fit in the taco shell.
- On a large sheet pan, coat the diced sweet potato with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 30-35 minutes, stirring halfway through and then again about 10 minutes before they’re done.
Cilantro Lime Flank Steak Tacos Directions:
- Cook the flank steak: Let the cilantro lime flank steak sit at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes before cooking. Heat a large cast iron skillet or grill pan over high heat until hot – about 3 to 5 minutes. Coat the pan with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Carefully place flank steak flat in pan, as some of the marinade may sizzle when coming into contact with the hot oil. Cook on each side for 4 minutes,¹ only touching the flank steak to flip in the pan.
- After cooking the opposite side, remove from the pan and place on a cutting board to rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Once the Cilantro Lime Flank Steak is rested, slice the steak in half length wise, so that the final pieces are not so long. Cut the two portions of steak into thin 1/4″ slices.
- Prepare the tacos: Warm the tortillas. If you have a gas stove top, taco shells can be warmed over low heat on each side, right on the burner. Do NOT try this with an electric range. Alternatively, tortillas can be warmed in a pan on the stove top over medium heat or in the oven wrapped in a damp kitchen towel.
- Layer each taco with a few leaves of baby spinach, top with cilantro lime flank steak, crispy roasted sweet potatoes and drizzle with jalapeño crema. Serve immediately.
Be The First
And We’ll Give You The Next Meal FREE