Modeled after Chipotle’s signature rice, this makes a great side or an addition to a homemade burrito bowl (leftover idea). It’s about as easy as boiling water and chopping cilantro. Oh wait – that’s exactly how easy it is!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 2 cups white rice
- 3.5 cups water
- 3 tbsp. canola oil
- 2 bay leaves
- Juice from half a lemon fresh squeezed
- Juice from half a lime fresh squeezed
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Add water and salt to a medium pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Rinse and drain rice.
- Once water is boiling, add in rinsed rice, canola oil and bay leaves. Stir. Reduce to low heat. Partially cover. Cook for about 20 minutes. Remove from heat. Let sit for five minutes.
- Remove bay leaves. Fluff with fork. Then add lemon juice, lime juice and cilantro and stir with fork.
Be The First
And We’ll Give You The Next Meal FREE