Do you love elotes? Always wanted to try them? This is a way to give them a try without smearing your face with mayonnaise (unless you’re into that). Cook your corn and throw it into a bowl with a handful of other tasty ingredients. The cool thing about this recipe is there are a lot of variations if you’d like to substitute out the cilantro, chili powder, etc.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 6 ears of cooked, fresh corn or a 32oz bag of frozen corn
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 1/4 c. cotija cheese or feta, plus more for garnish
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish (don’t like cilantro? try basil, parsley, or chives.)
- 1 tbsp. chili powder, plus more for garnish (don’t like chili powder? Try paprika.)
- Using a sharp knife, carefully cut corn kernels off cob. Add about 1/2” water to a medium saucepan and salt well. Bring to a simmer. Add corn, cover, and cook until corn is tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain and pat dry. If frozen, follow microwave or stovetop cooking instructions.
- In a serving bowl, toss corn with mayonnaise, cotija, lime juice, cilantro, and chili powder. Season generously with salt.
- Top with more cotija, cilantro, and a sprinkle of chili powder.
Be The First
And We’ll Give You The Next Meal FREE