- 3 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (grass-fed) unsalted butter, room temperature, (optional coconut oil)
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 large egg white
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1 overly ripe banana (1/2 cup), mashed
- 1 cup finely shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- Whisk together in a medium bowl, almond flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Add walnuts and coconut, and stir into flour mixture.
- In a medium mixing bowl, using a beater, cream together butter and coconut sugar. Add egg, egg white, and vanilla, mixing until combined. Stir in mashed banana and coconut, until combined.
- Add flour mixture to wet ingredients and stir just until incorporated. Cover and refrigerate 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using an 1-1/2 inch cookie or ice cream scoop, drop dough 2-inches apart on a large, parchment lined, cookie sheet. Bake 8 minutes and rotate cookie sheet. Bake an additional 8 minutes, or until golden and just set. Allow cookies to cool 5 minutes while still on the cookie sheet. Move cookies to a wire rack and cool completely. Continue baking cookies until all dough is used.
- Store in an airtight container up to two days. If desired, add 1 cup Paleo friendly chocolate chips when adding the walnuts.
Yields: 18 servings | Serving Size: 1 cookie | Calories: 194 | Total Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 148mg | Carbohydrates: 13g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g | Protein: 5g
SmartPoints (Freestyle): 8
Adapted From : SkinnyMs.