ADVERTISEMENT ‧ CONTINUE READING BELOW
- pounds sweet potatoes
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter or coconut oil, plus more for the baking dish
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2/3 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 1/2 cup mini marshmallows or chopped regular marsmallows, cut into small pieces
- Cut sweet potatoes into halves or thirds, depending on size, and place in a large saucepan.
- Cover with salted water by 1 inch and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer until potatoes are very tender when pierced with a paring knife, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Drain well. When cool enough to handle, rub skins off with your hands or a paper towel.
- Return warm potatoes to the saucepan and add brown sugar, butter, ginger, coriander and salt.
- Place over low heat and mash with a potato masher or large fork until very smooth.
- Add coconut milk and continue to mash until creamy. (Potatoes can be made to this point up to 3 days ahead; cool, cover and refrigerate, then bring to room temperature before baking.)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Lightly butter a 2-quart casserole or 8-inch-square baking dish.
- Spoon potato mixture into the dish and smooth the top.
- Sprinkle with coconut and marshmallows.
- Bake until potatoes are heated through and marshmallows are golden, about 25 minutes.
Per Serving: Serving size: 1/2 cup
180 calories (60 from fat)
6g total fat
5g saturated fat
3 g dietary fiber
SmartPoints value : 8