It’s not just the kids that love popcorn, so do we! So why should we wait until we go the movies to have popcorn? You can make them at home! It’s so easy to make and it doesn’t take time at all. See how it’s easy to make, and go for it!
Crunchalicious Kettle Corn
¼ cup canola oil or vegetable oil (do not use olive oil for this recipe)
¼ cup white sugar
2 tablespoons water
⅔ cup unpopped white popcorn kernels, if possible, see shopping tip
½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- Put the oil in a large and deep nonstick pan, add the sugar, water, popcorn and mix until combined. Shake to spread out over the pan.
- Cover the pan and heat on medium-high heat. From time to time, shake the pan so that the sugar won’t burn.
- Once the popping starts, keep shaking the pan until until the popping slows to once every 2 to 3 seconds. Remove from the heat.
- Remove the cover carefully, and pour into a large bowl, don’t let it in the pan, it will burn.
- Add some salt and serve warm or at room temperature.
for 1 serving (about 2½ cups)
2g sat fat
Simple and easy! Corn is not just delicious, but it’s good for the health too. You can eat as much as you want, it won’t hurt a bit! Enjoy eating it with your kids and family.