ADVERTISEMENT ‧ CONTINUE READING BELOW
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2/3 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (10-ounce) package egg noodles, preferably whole wheat
- 2 cups shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- Heat a 5-quart Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add beef and cook, stirring occasionally, until cooked through.
- Add corn, mushrooms, onions, peppers, and salt and pepper and stir well. Spread uncooked noodles evenly over the top, then sprinkle cheese over noodles.
- Pour the can of tomatoes, with their juice, over the cheese and noodles.
- Tightly cover pot, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook for 1 hour.
- Uncover pot, set aside for 5 minutes then serve.
270 calories (90 from fat)
10g total fat
4.5g saturated fat
4 g dietary fiber
SmartPoints value : 8