Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups herb seasoned bread crumbs (we used Pepperidge Farm’s Herb Seasoned stuffing mix)
- 1/2 cup fat-free chicken broth (optional water)
- 1 (15-ounce) can petit diced tomatoes
- 1.5 pounds chicken breast filets, cut into small bite size pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl combine bread crumbs, chicken broth, and diced tomatoes with liquid, set aside.
- In a 9 x 13-inch casserole pan add chicken pieces, garlic powder, pepper, salt, oregano, and 3/4 cup cheese, toss to combine.
- Add bread crumb mixture and spread evenly over chicken. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until chicken is done.
Yields: 6 cups | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 463 | Total Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 88mg | Sodium: 967mg | Carbohydrates: 38g | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Protein: 36g
SmartPoints (Freestyle): 8
Source : SkinnyMs.