Ingredients For The Balsamic Sauce:
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 cup onions, diced
1 cup balsamic vinegar
¾ cup ketchup
⅓ cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
A little salt and pepper, to taste
Ingredients For Turkey Tenderloins:
2 turkey tenderloins (about 1½ lb. total), patted dry
Directions For Grilling:
1. Preheat one side of grill to medium-high, the other side to medium-low.
2. In a nonstick saucepan over medium heat, add olive oil. Saute onions in oil until soft, about 2 minutes. Stir in vinegar, ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire, Dijon and a little salt and pepper. Bring sauce to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until reduced to 1½ cups, about 10 minutes. Set aside 1 cup sauce for serving.
3. Brush turkey tenderloins with ¼ cup remaining sauce. Grill turkey covered, on medium-low side of grill, 4 minutes. Flip turkey, baste with 2 tablespoons sauce and grill 4 minutes. Baste again with 2 tablespoons sauce and transfer turkey to medium-high side. Cook basted turkey, until an instant read thermometer registers 165 degrees, about 4 minutes.
turkey from grill and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
5. Drizzle the remaining sauce, that was set aside, over turkey slices and serve.
Directions For Baking:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place turkey tenderloins in a 9 x 9 inch baking pan. Cut pieces, if too large. Reserve 1 cup sauce for serving. Spread ¼ cup over top of tenderloins and set aside ¼ cup for broiling.
2. Cover pan with foil and bake for 35-40 minutes.
3. Preheat broiler, cover cooked tenderloins with ¼ cup sauce and broil for about 3 minutes, until browned.
4. Remove turkey from oven and let rest for 5 minutes, before slicing.
5. Drizzle the 1 cup sauce that was set aside, over turkey slices and serve.
Makes 6 servings (~ 4 ounces turkey per serving)
for 1 serving (~ 4 ounces turkey per serving)
0g sat fat
SmartPoints value : 8