You guys…this marinade is goooooood. It’s seriously scrumptious. As we were feasting with our friends last Friday, we all kept remarking, “I really like this marinade!” It’s really simple, but make sure you plan ahead to leave your steak in the marinade at least 24 hours. It’s worth the wait!
Here’s a link to the original recipe.
THE RANKINGS (1 = TERRIBLE, 10 = OUTSTANDING)
- Yum Factor – 10
- Time to Prep – 10
- Simplicity of Ingredients – 10
- Ease of Assembly – 10
- Bang for Your Buck – 10
- Overall Practicality – 10
1 c. olive oil
3/4 c. soy sauce
1/2 c. balsamic vinegar
1/3 c. fresh lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
2 tbsp. stone ground mustard (with whole mustard seeds)
6 garlic cloves
1 tsp. ground black pepper
1/4 c. Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tbsp. onion powder. (I don’t have a measuring spoon of this size – does anybody? – so I used a little bit less than a teaspoon)
3 lbs. flank steak
– Blend all ingredients except for steak until smooth. Reserve 1 cup for basting.
– Pour remainder over steak and refrigerate in shallow pan or ziploc bag for AT LEAST 24 hours.
– Cook on a grill over medium heat for about 5 minutes per side, or until you reach desired doneness.
– Let rest 2 minutes before cutting.