For the Cupcakes
1/2 cup expeller-pressed canola oil
1/2 cup unsweetened almondmilk or other non-dairy milk
1 (6-ounce) container plain coconut milk yogurt
3/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon egg replacer, such as Ener-G, mixed with 1/4 cup warm water
2 cups white rice flour
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more for sprinkling
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
For the Frosting
1/4 cup vegan margarine, softened
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon unsweetened almondmilk or other non-dairy milk
1/4 teaspoon gluten-free pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. For the cupcakes, whisk together oil, almondmilk, yogurt, sugar and egg replacer mixture in a large bowl.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together rice flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
- Add flour mixture to milk mixture and stir to combine.
- Spoon batter into 16 paper-lined standard muffin tins, filling each about two-thirds full. Bake until cooked through and light golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Transfer cupcakes to a wire rack and set aside to let cool completely.
For the frosting, put margarine, sugar, almondmilk and vanilla in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until well combined and fluffy, about 1 minute. Spread frosting on cupcakes, sprinkle cinnamon over the top and serve.
Per Serving: Serving size: 1 cupcake
250 calories (90 from fat)
11g total fat
1.5g saturated fat
1 g dietary fiber
SmartPoints value : 11