This lighter version of lasagna soup doesn’t taste light at all. Sinfully indulgent but relatively guilt-free, your tastebuds will love you and so will your waistline. The stars truly align when a dish so simple tastes this good. Have your family smiling from ear to ear in half an hour!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 lb. mild Italian sausage
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 5 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ box of mini farfalle (small bowtie) noodles
- 2 cups low fat shredded mozzarella
Garnish with grated parmesan and torn fresh basil.
- In a large pot over medium heat, spray the bottom of the pan with cooking spray.
- Add onions and season with salt. Cook until tender and golden, 5 minutes, then add sausage and cook until no longer pink. Drain fat and return to pot.
- Add garlic and stir until fragrant, 1 minute, then add crushed tomatoes and dried oregano.
- Pour in chicken broth and bring to a simmer.
- Add noodles and cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, 10 minutes.
- Add mozzarella and stir, letting melt into soup.
- Garnish with Parmesan and basil.
Be The First
And We’ll Give You The Next Meal FREE