These baked oatmeal cups are an excellent make-ahead breakfast option. With four tasty varieties to choose from, you can make one flavor or make all four and freeze some for later.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 24 Muffins (each variety)
The ultimate ingredients Baked Oatmeal Cups:
For all muffin varieties, start with these core ingredients:
- 4 cups old fashioned oats, gluten free certified if necessary
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any milk)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For Blueberry Almond Muffins, add:
- 1 tbsp additional brown sugar
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 c. sliced almonds
For Orange Cranberry Muffins, add:
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 2 tsp orange juice
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
For Peanut Butter & Banana Muffins, add:
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup smooth or crunchy peanut butter
For Apple Cinnamon Muffins, add:
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup diced granny smith apples
How to Prepare Baked Oatmeal Cups:
For all muffin varieties, use these Directions:
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix well until everything is combined.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and scoop oatmeal mixture in using a large ice cream scoop or a 1/4 measuring cup. Depending on the flavor, the mixture will be a little watery, so it’s important to mix well before each scoop to make sure you get an even combination of milk and oats.
- Bake oatmeal cups for 20 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Store oatmeal cups in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days and in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Be The First