Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
Total Time: 11 minutes
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 2 1/2 cups water (3 cups for a more loose oatmeal)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 apple, peeled, core removed and chopped
- Honey to sweeten (optional
- Add the oats, water, cinnamon, and apple to the Instant Pot and stir. Place the lid on the pot and ensure the valve is sealed.
- Press the Manual button and set to high pressure. Set the timer for 6 minutes. The Instant Pot will begin cooking and once the pressure in the pot is achieved the timer will start.
- After the time is up, manually release the steam and remove the lid. Stir and spoon into serving bowls. Drizzle with honey (if using). Serve hot and enjoy!
Yield: 3 Servings | Serving Size: 1/2 cup | Calories: 132 | Total Fat: 2 g | Saturated Fat: 0 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Carbohydrates: 27 g | Fiber: 4 g | Sugar: 7 g | Protein: 4 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 9 mg
SmartPoints (Freestyle): 3