- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced button mushrooms
- Salt and pepper
- 8 oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 bunch kale (about 3/4 pound), stemmed and roughly chopped
- 1 (18-ounce) roll precooked polenta, cut into 8 rounds
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
Add mushrooms, salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
Add tomatoes and garlic and cook another 2 minutes.
Stir in kale and 1/4 cup water, cover, reduce heat to medium low and cook until kale begins to wilt, about 2 minutes.
Toss well, season with salt and pepper, cover and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes more.
Cover and set aside.
Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick or cast iron skillet over medium high heat.
Arrange polenta in skillet in a single layer (working in batches, if needed) and cook, flipping once, until golden brown on both sides, 5 to 6 minutes total. Transfer polenta to a paper towel-lined plate as done.
Arrange polenta on plates, spoon kale and mushroom mixture over the top, garnish with cheese and serve.
230 calories (90 from fat)
10g total fat
2g saturated fat
3 g dietary fiber
SmartPoints value : 7