Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, roughly chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped small
- 1 cucumber, chopped small
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped small
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped small
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped small
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon filets
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven broiler to high or if a broiler is not available heat the over to 500 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine, tomato, cucumber, bell pepper, parsley, mint, lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon of the lemon zest. Toss well and set aside.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray and place the salmon filets on sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place under the oven broiler can cook for about 10 minutes or until lightly browned on top and cooked through. Check the salmon half way though and rotate the pan as needed so the salmon browns evenly.
- Spoon the salad into serving bowls and place the salmon on top. Sprinkle the remaining lemon zest on top of the salmon. Serve and enjoy!
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1 salmon filet, about 1 cup salad | Calories: 390 | Total Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 344mg | Carbohydrates: 8g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Protein: 36g
SmartPoints (Freestyle): 9
Adapted From : SkinnyMs