- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 4 (4 ounces) salmon filets
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup whole wheat orzo
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbles
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine lemon zest, dried oregano and olive oil.
- Place salmon portions on the prepared baking and brush olive oil lemon mixture on each.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper.
- Cook salmon for 15-20 minutes or until firm and flaky.
- While salmon is cooking, bring vegetable broth to a boil. Stir in the orzo and reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook for about 10 minutes or until tender.
- Spray a medium sized skillet with non-stick spray and heat on medium heat. Once the pan is hott, add the tomatoes and spinach. Saute for 5 to 10 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Remove for the heat and stir in the orzo.
- Place the cooked orzo and vegetables on a serving plate and the salmon over top. Sprinkle with feta cheese.
Yield: 4 Servings | Serving Size: 1 salmon filet and about 1/2 cup orzo | Calories: 347 | Total Fat: 21 | Saturated Fat: 5 g Carbohydrates: 13 g | Fiber: 1 g | Sugar: 2g | Protein: 27 g | Cholesterol: 71 mg | Sodium: 733 mg
SmartPoints (Freestyle): 3