This is one of my all-time favorite pumpkin bread recipes, lightened up to make it more Weight Watchers Friendly.
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2/3 cup water or apple cider
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Grease and flour 2 9×5-inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, buttermilk, water and sugar until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and allspice.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended. Pour batter into the prepared pans.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes in the preheated oven. (Loaves are done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.)
- Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool. After about 10 minutes, remove the pumpkin breads from their pans and place on wire racks to cool completely.
- Yield: Makes 2 loaves. 14 slices per loaf.
Weight Watchers PointsPlus: *4
Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints: *5
Nutrition FactsFavorite Pumpkin Bread Recipe
Amount Per Serving (1 slice)
Calories 148 Calories from Fat 43
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4.8g 7%
Total Carbohydrates 24g 8%
Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
Protein 2.7g 5%