- 10 dates
- 2/3 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup grated coconut (unsweetened coconut was used in this recipe)
- 1/4 cup minced almonds
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/8 cup water
- In a food processor, add the dates then pulse until they form a ball. Add the almond meal and coconut then pulse until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl then add the crushed almonds and chocolate chips. Add the water gradually until the mixture holds together to form a cookie dough consistency. You may not need all the water. Shape into 8 cookies and place in a container lined with parchment paper. Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours before serving.
- Sprinkle with additional chocolate chips and minced almonds, if desired.
Yields: 8 servings | Serving Size: 1 cookie | Calories: 197 | Total Fat: 9 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 2 mg | Carbohydrates: 29 g | Dietary Fiber: 4 g | Sugars: 24 g | Protein: 4 g
SmartPoints (Freestyle): 9