If you’re tired of making green beans out of a can, this is the easiest way to transition to a fresher offering. After a quick boil, these beans will enjoy a brief toss with butter, garlic, salt, and pepper. Fresh veggies don’t get much better than this.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1lb green beans
- 2 cloves (1tsp) minced garlic
- 1 tbsp butter
- Salt to taste – Pepper to taste
- In a medium pot, cover green beans with cold water and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes, until they reach your preferred level of doneness. Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the garlic and toast about a minute until fragrant, watching carefully to ensure it doesn’t burn.
- Add the cooked green beans to the pan, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and toss to coat.
- Serve and enjoy!
**If you make the green beans a bit before your other food is ready to plate, you can wait to heat them up with the butter and seasonings just before serving to freshen them up.
Be The First
And We’ll Give You The Next Meal FREE