We all know how potatoes gratin is delicious, there are so many recipes that shows us how it’s made. But this one is just ridiculously delicious and it’s also very easy to make. This skinny gratin potatoes is very easy to make and tastes like heaven. With a little touch of onions and parmason cheese, you can’t resist it. Check how it’s made and give it a try!
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 1½ cups reduced-fat (2%) cottage cheese
- ⅔ cup buttermilk
- 3½ pounds russet potatoes (~4 large baking potatoes)
- 6 tablespoons Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- First, heat the oven to 450°F and cover a baking pan with foil. Also, line the inside of a 9 inch springform pan with foil. Spray the pans with nonstick spray.
- Microwave the onions for about 4 minutes until cooked and soft.
- Mix the cooked onions, cottage cheese and buttermilk in a food processor or blender until smooth and combined.
- Coat the bottom of the springform pan with the mixture.
- Prepare the potatoes, clean, pleel and slice easy very thin. Place 2 layers of potato slies on the pan. Press down the potatoes in the onions and cheese mixture then add about 1/3 of the cheese mixture.
- Add a little salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese. Add on the remaining potatoes and cheese 2 more times. The cheese mixture has to be on the top.
- Cover the pan with foil and in order to avoid any leaks, place on foil-lined pan. Bake for about 75 minutes until potatoes are tender. Uncover the pan then continue baking for 30 more minutes until golden brown.
- Once baked, let it rest for 30 minutes before removing from pan and serving.
for 1 serving (1 slice)
Simple and flavory! This gratin, is very easy to make and ridiculously delicious. Although it takes a lot of time to bake, it’s worth every second of wait. Your family will love you for this gratin, give it a try!