ADVERTISEMENT ‧ CONTINUE READING BELOW
- 1 1/2 cups (360 ml) Almond Breeze Almondmilk Original Unsweetened
- 1/3 cup (63 g) chia seeds
- 1/4 cup (24 g) cacao or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2-5 Tbsp (30-75 ml) maple syrup if not blending (can sub 5-9 dates, pitted if blending)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- optional: 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients except sweetener to a mixing bowl and whisk vigorously to combine. If not blending (which I preferred!), sweeten to taste with maple syrup at this time. If blending, you can sweeten later with maple syrup or dates.
- Let rest covered in the fridge overnight or at least 3-5 hours (or until it’s achieved a pudding-like consistency).
- If blending, add to a blender and blend until completely smooth and creamy, scraping down sides as needed. Sweeten to taste.
- Leftovers keep covered in the fridge for 2-3 days, though best when fresh.
- Serve chilled with desired toppings, such as fruit, granola or coconut whipped cream.
Nutrition InformationServing size: 1/4 of recipe
Fat: 8 g
Saturated fat: 1.2 g
Carbohydrates: 17 g
Fiber: 8.6 g
Protein: 5.3 g
Smartpoints : 5