I’ll be honest, I’ve never tried PF Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps but if I did, I would want them to taste exactly like these! Start to finish, these tasty treats take only 20 minutes. I want to eat these every night! The best part: this is a one pan meal. It’s fast, easy, and won’t leave your kitchen sink filled with dishes.
My favorite thing about this recipe is its incredible versatility. This can easily be a meal in itself – that’s how I prepared it. Served with rice or a veggie it makes for a light protein-filled dinner. Its reheat factor is fantastic. Pack up a to-go container and a baggie with lettuce, take it to the office and reheat for lunch just as good as it was on round one! Finally, these are a great party food. They’re obviously an easily made and held appetizer, but could also be a healthier option on this year’s Super Bowl buffet! Your options here are endless, and all delicious!
I hope you’ll check them out, enjoy them as much as my family did and share them with your friends!
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1⁄4 c. hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. freshly grated ginger
- 1 tsp. Sriracha
- 4 oz. water chestnuts drained and diced (original recipe calls for 8 oz.)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 head of butter lettuce (PF Chang’s uses iceberg)
- Heat your olive oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add the ground chicken and cook until browned. Make sure that you crumble the chicken as it cooks; drain excess fat.
- Stir in the garlic, onion, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger and Sriracha until the onions become translucent. Stir in the water chestnuts and green onions and cook until they are tender (about 12 minutes). Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- To serve, just spoon several tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf. Fold it up taco style, garnish with Sriracha if you like a little extra heat, and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Damn Delicious.
* Spread the yummm when you follow me on Pinterest.