Yields: 10 rolls/ 10 servings | Serving Size: 1 roll | Calories: 232 | Total Fat: 11 g | Saturated Fat: 6 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 25 mg | Sodium: 573 mg | Carbohydrates: 19 g | Dietary Fiber: 3 g | Sugars: 1 g | Protein: 14 g
SmartPoints (Freestyle): 7
- Sauce (optional: use 1 (24-ounce) jar marinara instead of homemade sauce)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 (14-ounce) cans diced tomatoes with liquid
- 1 1/4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 10 whole grain lasagna noodles, boiled according to package
- Over medium heat, in a saucepan with extra-virgin olive oil, sautè the garlic for 1 minute. Add the canned tomatoes, bring to a boil then lower the heat to a simmer. Season with salt, pepper, and dried oregano then simmer for 15 – 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Pour 1 cup sauce in the bottom of a 13 x 9-inch casserole pan, set aside.
- Combine cheeses, pepper, and oregano. Evenly spread cheese mixture over each lasagna roll, retaining 1/2 cup for the top. Drizzle 1 tablespoon sauce over cheese. Roll to close, then place on the baking dish, seam side down.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups sauce over the top and sprinkle on remaining cheese mixture. Serve any remaining sauce with rolls. Loosely cover with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.
- Let the rolls rest for a few minutes before serving.