ADVERTISEMENT ‧ CONTINUE READING BELOW
- 2 medium red bell peppers, remove seeds, membrane, and core
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- Slice peppers into 1/4-inch strips and combine with honey, coconut oil, and salt.
- Place bell pepper strips on dehydrator shelves, ensuring they aren’t touching. Turn dehydrator to 125 F, and dehydrate 24 hours or until crispy and able to snap in half..Allow chips to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees. Place pepper strips on a large nonstick or parchment lined baking sheet, ensure they aren’t touching. Place baking sheet on the middle oven rack, leave the oven door slightly ajar, Dehydrate until crispy and able to snap in half, about 8 -10 hours. Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1/2 bell pepper | Calories: 49 | Total Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 152mg | Carbohydrates: 7g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Protein: 1g
SmartPoints (Freestyle): 3