ADVERTISEMENT ‧ CONTINUE READING BELOW
Packed full of veggies and flavor, this vegetarian quinoa skillet is perfect for meatless day!
- 1 cup (uncooked) quinoa, pre-rinsed
- 2 cups vegetable broth, low sodium
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2/3 cup diced sun-dried tomatoes, packed in olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1 (14 ounce) can small artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- In a large saucepan add rinsed quinoa and vegetable broth, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- In the meantime, over medium heat add olive oil to a medium skillet, add sun-dried tomatoes and garlic and sauté one minute. Add oregano, black pepper, red pepper flakes, salt and artichokes and sauté one additional minute.
- Turn off heat and leave skillet on burner while the quinoa is cooking. When quinoa has absorbed the broth, add sun-dried tomatoes and artichoke mixture, toss to combine. Cover and allow to rest 5 minutes before serving.
PLEASE, CLICK THE NEXT Button BELOW FOR THE FULL RECIPE.