Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 12 ounces skinless salmon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups kale, stems removed and chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked according to package
- 1/4 cup cashews, chopped
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated or minced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the salmon fillets on to the sheet. Brush the salmon with 1 tablespoon of the oil (reserve the second tablespoon for later) and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 15 minutes until firm and flaky.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a skillet. Once hot, add the garlic, kale, and carrot. Cook, stirring often, until the kale is wilted and soft. Add the quinoa and cashews. Cook, stirring, just until hot.
- Spoon the kale and quinoa mixture into a serving bowl. Remove the salmon from the oven and place on top of the kale. Serve and enjoy.
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well. Let sit for about 10 minutes. Drizzle over cooked salmon, and enjoy!
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1 bowl | Calories: 429 | Total Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 206mg | Carbohydrates: 42g | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 1g | Protein: 22g
SmartPoints (Freestyle): 12