Noodles are just delicious, so many flavors, so many ways to prepare them. Today I’m presenting you a skinny shrimp scampi over low carb noodles. The combination of zoodles, pepper, and shrimps is just ridiculously delicious. With a little touch of cheese, no one can resist these zoodles! Check it out, and see how amazing they are!
Shimp and Carb Zoodles
- 2 large zucchini, cut into noodles (3 cups of zoodles) see prep tip below
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter or Smart Balance Light
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced fine
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 12 large shrimp, shelled and deveined (about ½ pound)
- 2½ tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 1½ tablespoons freshly lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- Microwave the noodles for about 2 minutes until cooked and softened.
- Heat butter over medium-low heat in a large nonstick pan.
- Add in garlic and crushed re pepper flakes and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in the shrimp and cook for 2 minutes, stir frequently, the shrimp needs to be pink on all sides.
- Add in some salt and pepper then transfer to a bowl leaving the liquid behind.
- Increase heat to medium, then add white wine and lemon juice to the pan. With a wooden spoon, scrape any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook the wine and lemon juice for 2 minutes then add the softened zucchini noodles and shrimp.
- Mix everything well and heat for 30 more seconds.
- In 2 plates, spread the noodles evenly and top them with 6 shrimps in each plate.
- Add on 1 teaspoon of parmesan cheese and it’s ready to be served.
for 1 serving, 6 shrimp and ½ of the zoodles.
3g sat fat
Simple and flavory! These noodles are a must-try. They look awsome and they taste like heaven. I personnaly love noodles, and I’m definitely making these this week! Give them a try, you will definitely fall in love.