- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup whole grain tortilla chips, broken
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, reduced-fat
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup salsa, no sugar added
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons ripe, mashed avocado
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup salsa
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add the turkey. Cook until turkey is no longer pink and cooked through. Add spices, stir to combine and transfer to a bowl and let cool.
- To make the salad, divide the tortilla chips between six jars. Layer each with the salsa, turkey mixture, tomatoes, lettuce, and cheese.
- Make the optional dressing by blending the yogurt, avocado, lime juice, and salsa in a blender. Blend until creamy and smooth. Top the salad with the dressing, seal the jars and store in the fridge until ready to eat. Eat within 1-2 days for best results.
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1-1/4 cup (fits well in a pint-sized jar) | Calories: 196 | Total Fat: 12 g | Saturated Fat: 5 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 48 mg | Sodium: 469 mg | Carbohydrates: 9 g | Dietary Fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 3 g | Protein: 15 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 3 |