Yields: 6 servings | Serving size: 1 cup & 1 bun | Calories: 315 | Old Points: 6 | Points Plus: 8 | Total Fat: 9 | Saturated Fat: 2 | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 80 mg | Sodium: 204 mg | Carbohydrates: 36 g | Dietary Fiber: 5 g | Sugars: 16 g | Protein: 24 g
4-6 quart slow cooker recommended.
- 1 pound lean ground chicken (ground turkey can also be used)
- 1/2 cup onions, diced
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans with liquid, organic preferred
- 1 (15 ounce) can Great Northern Beans with liquid, organic preferred
- 1/4 cup sucanat, coconut palm sugar or honey
- 1/2 cup ketchup (recipe)
- Gluten Free or Whole Wheat Buns or rolls
- In a large skillet cook ground chicken and onion over medium heat, breaking up chicken with a fork as it cooks.
- Cook just until chicken begins to lose its pink color, drain off fat and add to the slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients and ..
PLEASE, CLICK THE NEXT Button BELOW FOR THE FULL RECIPE.