- 2 large chicken breast filets with skin (remove skin before adding to enchiladas)
- 1 (16 ounce) jar red enchilada sauce (no sugar added)
- 1 (4 ounce) can jalapenos, optional green chiles
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, reduced fat
- 1 (8 oz.) container sour cream, fat free
- 6 medium whole grain tortillas, (corn tortillas are not recommended as they tend to fall apart)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place chicken breasts in a covered baking dish. Bake until juices run clear when pierced with a fork, after about 35-45 minutes. Remove skin and discard. Shred chicken or cut into bite-sized cubes.
- In a medium mixing bowl add chicken, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, black pepper, and salt to taste. Add to seasoned chicken: green chile peppers, 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce, 1/2 cup sour cream, and 1 cup cheese. Mix well. Place 1/2 cup chicken mixture in the center of each tortilla. Leave about 2″ in the bottom without filling and fold up. Continue until all tortillas are filled.
- Stack enchiladas in the slow cooker, add a little of the sauce on top of each layer as you stack them. There should be 2 layers of 3 or 3 layers of 2, depending on the size of your slow cooker.
- Combine the remaining enchilada sauce and 1/2 cup sour cream. Pour over the enchiladas. Cover and cook on low 3 to 4 hours, or until hot and bubbly. Cut between each enchilada, and carefully remove them, one at a time, with a large spatula. Pour liquid from slow cooker over enchiladas and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Garnish with diced tomatoes and shredded lettuce.
Yields: 6 servings | Serving size: 1 enchilada | Calories: 294 | Total Fat: 13 g | Saturated Fats: 6 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 45 mg | Sodium: 422 mg | Carbohydrates: 29 g | Dietary fiber: 3 g | Sugars: 3 g | Protein: 16 g
SmartPoints (Freestyle): 10
Source : SkinnyMs.