ADVERTISEMENT ‧ CONTINUE READING BELOW
- 2 eggplants, peeled and sliced thin to resemble lasagna noodles
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 1/2 cups low fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 (24 ounce) jar sugar-free spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- Lay the eggplants out on paper towels and sprinkle with salt and pepper, and allow excess moisture in eggplants to drain for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, combine the cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese and egg in a bowl.
- Cover the bottom of the slow cooker with ¼ of the tomato sauce. Layer ¼ the eggplant slices, peppers, onions and cheese on top. Repeat the layer three more times (layering is as follows: sauce, eggplant, peppers, onions cheese).
- Cook on low for 5 to 6 hours or high for 2 to 3 hours.
Yields: 6 cups | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 221 | Total Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 58mg | Sodium: 802mg | Carbohydrates: 19g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 10g | Protein: 14g
SmartPoints (Freestyle): 8