- 8 cups loosely packed spinach, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 (6-8 ounce) whole chicken breasts (bone-in with skin)
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
- 1/4 sweet onion, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese, reduced-fat but not fat free
- 4 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 (14-ounce) can preservative-free artichoke hearts OR 6- 8 artichoke hearts from a jar, drained and chopped
- 1 cup chopped grape or cherry tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place spinach, chicken broth, and chicken breasts in 4-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle with garlic, onion, and salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high from 4-6 hours.
- Just before serving, gently remove chicken breasts from the slow cooker and place on serving platters. Stir in cream cheese, parmesan cheese, and artichokes. Stir until creamy. Spoon sauce over chicken.
- Top with tomatoes. Sprinkle with extra parmesan cheese, if desired.
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1 chicken breast and 1/4 of the spinach, tomatoes, and artichokes | Calories: 246 | Total Fat: 6 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 82 mg | Sodium: 243 mg | Carbohydrates: 14 g | Dietary Fiber: 4 g | Sugars: 3 g | Protein: 35 g
SmartPoints (Freestyle): 5
Adapted From : SkinnyMs.