ADVERTISEMENT ‧ CONTINUE READING BELOW
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup grated sweet potato, or 1/2 cup cooked and mashed sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons unrefined sweetener, more or less to taste, I used coconut palm sugar. Other options: sucanat, honey or 100% pure maple syrup
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker, cover and cook on low 2 to 2 1/2 hours, or until desired consistency is reached. Recommend 4-5 quart slow cooker.
- If desired, add diced nuts and raisins.
- STOVE TOP METHOD: Add all ingredients to a medium saucepan, bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook approximately 20 – 25 minutes, or until desired consistency has been reached.
Servings: 6 | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 164 | Total Fat: 3 g | Saturated Fats: 1 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 3 mg | Sodium: 56 mg | Carbohydrates: 45 g | Dietary Fiber: 5 g | Sugars: 14 g | Protein: 8 g
SmartPoints (Freestyle): 6