Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups herb seasoned bread crumbs (we used Pepperidge Farm’s classic stuffing bread crumbs)
- 1 1/4 cups salsa, no-sugar added
- 1/2 cup water
- 1.5 pounds chicken breast filets, cut into small bite size pieces
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded Mexican style cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- diced green onions, optional garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine bread crumbs, salsa, and water. Set aside.
- In a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish, combine chicken pieces, spices, salt, pepper, 3/4 cup cheese, and black beans, toss to combine.
- Add crumb mixture to the top and spread evenly, top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 35 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Enjoy!
Yields: 8 cups | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 410 | Total Fat: 15 g | Saturated Fat: 6 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Carbohydrates: 38 g | Fiber: 6 g | Sugar: 4 g | Protein: 30 g | Cholesterol: 69 mg | Sodium: 1016 mg
SmartPoints (Freestyle): 6
Credits : SkinnyMs.