Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 cups kale, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced into thin strips
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced into thin strips (for extra spice, use a habanero pepper!)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- In a medium bowl, combine the chickpeas, cayenne pepper, and red pepper flakes. Toss well to coat the chickpeas in the spices.
- In a large bowl, combine the chickpeas and the remaining salad ingredients. Toss well to combine and place the mixed salad into serving bowls. Drizzle with about 3 teaspoons of dressing and serve.
- Combine all ingredients and whisk well. Let sit for 5 minutes. Give the dressing a quick stir before drizzling over the salad.
Yields: 3 servings | Serving Size: 2 cups salad, 3 teaspoons dressing | Calories: 294 | Total Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 447mg | Carbohydrates: 52g | Fiber: 15g | Sugar: 18g | Protein: 14g
SmartPoints (Freestyle): 2