Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cut into thin circles no more than 1/4 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 cup fat-free shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup black beans (cooked)
- 1/4 cup no-sugar added salsa
- 1/4 cup jalapeno, sliced into thin strips
- 1/4 cup tomato, diced small
- 2 tablespoons red onion, diced small
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Arrange the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet in a single layer. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
- In a sauce pot, heat the milk whisking constantly to prevent the milk from burning. Once simmering, add the cheddar cheese and whisk until smooth and thick. Remove from heat.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and let the potatoes cool slightly before transferring to a serving plate. Arrange the potatoes on a serving plate overlapping as necessary. Drizzle the cheese sauce on top and sprinkle remaining ingredients on top. Serve warm and enjoy!
Yields: 4 servings | Calories: 276 | Total Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 440mg | Carbohydrates: 28g | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g | Protein: 12g
SmartPoints (Freestyle): 5
Adapted From : SkinnyMs