For the Sauce:
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
For the Bake:
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced large
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped small
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup snow peas, cut in half
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
For the Sauce:
- In a small sauce pot, combing the soy sauce, honey, 1/2 cup of the water, ginger, and garlic powder.
- Bring to a boil.
- While the sauce is boiling, combine the last 1/4 cup of water and corn starch in a small bowl.
- Whisk well and gradually pour into the boiling sauce, stirring the sauce constantly.
- Reduce to a simmer, and continue to stir the sauce until thickened.
- Remove from heat and set aside.For the Bake:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a 9X13 inch casserole dish with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the sesame oil on medium heat.
- Once hot add the ground chicken, breaking up into smaller pieces as it cooks.
- When no pink remains in the chicken, add onion, garlic, ginger, broccoli, carrot, and snow peas.
- Cook until onions soften.
- Add the rice and mix well to combine.
- Stir in the sauce, until all ingredients are coated well.
- Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes. Serve immediately.
Yields: 6 servings | Calories: 381 | Total Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 65mg | Sodium: 826mg | Carbohydrates: 53g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 25g | Protein: 19g | SmartPoints: 14
Did you make this recipe?
Please let us know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and PIN the picture on PINTEREST with the hashtag #RecipeSOLUTION.